Thursday, April 18, 2013

The President as "Head of State"

President Obama's words of comfort and reassurance to the families of the victims in Boston, and to the people of Boston today, were spot on.

"We come together to pray and mourn and measure our loss," Obama told the crowd at Cathedral of the Holy Cross in downtown Boston, "but also to spread the message that the spirit of this city is undaunted and the spirit of the country shall remain
undimmed."

The role of the President as Head of State, as opposed to Head of Government, is such an important one.  My son and I have often discussed this.  My son is quoted nicely in the USA Today to that point.  I continue to be proud of my son....... and of Barack Obama, a great "Comforter-in-Chief" for America, among his many other roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers