Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April, 2013 Baseball

I could not be happier with April, 2013 baseball.  What a start, and there are 6 months left in the glorious season. 

I have seen the AAA Bulls play in Durham, with Will Myers in the line-up, the top minor league player in the country. I have been to the beautiful park on the Chapel Hill campus to see the nation's #1 college team, the Tar Heels, with Colin Moran in the line-up, the #1 college player in the country.

The Grasshoppers are off to a great start. I had a wonderful group of old friends in the owners box for a Hoppers game.  Jack McKeon has been around a number of times.

Above is a great shot of the downtown park from my seats.  Atlanta Braves All-Star catcher Brian McCann is at the plate in the photo for the Rome Braves.  He was here with Rome for a 4-game weekend series rehabbing from shoulder surgery over the winter.

My Yankees are off to a good start, despite injures.  Justin Upton has 12 HRs in April for the Braves, putting on pace for a 60+ home run season.

Yes, it's been a great April on the diamond at the old ball yard.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers