Sometimes I am more struck than other times with worship themes. This morning I was particularly struck with the theme, and scriptural basis, for the sermon by the gifted servant, Interim Pastor Dr. Mike Queen. For me, the somewhat familiar Old Testament passage spoke in a unique way to the issues and challenges of the day.
Micah 6: 6-8
6With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? 7Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
"......To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2014 (36)
- ► 2013 (155)
- The Myth of America's Decline
- Great Worship at First Baptist Church - Greensboro NC
- The Great 'Sitting Bull'
- Albert Einstein - Not Only a Genius, But Wise As Well
- "Watercolors of Dreams", by Vassia Alayakova
- "Walking On The Waves, by Afremov
- "Flat Iron" by Peter Lik
- Old Soldiers Shaking Hands
- "Southern Roots" - NASCAR in Greensboro
- Mt. Hood, Oregon - A Dormant Volcano
- Love Thy Neighbor
- Abe Lincoln Portrait
- Historic Tax Rates on the Top Tax Bracket
- The Howdy Doody Show
- Hypocrisy in Sports and in America
- The Fareed Zakaria Show and America's Bright Future
- The Fascinating World of Blogging......... and The...
- RIP Andy Griffith.....A Great, Great North Carolinian
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2011 (87)