Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Howdy Doody Show

Now this is a great picture. This is my good neighborhood friend Mike Warner (I hope he is still my friend after this post) with Howdy Doody. Howdy Doody was a children's TV program which ran on NBC from 1947 to 1960.  It was a pioneer program in children's TV as well as color TV. It was produced at NBC in historic Rockefeller Center in Studio 3A.

I remember the show well and it was a joy for kids in the 1950s.  I would date this picture in the early 1950s.  It appears Mike may have been on the show.  I will have to check with him on that. Thanks Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Mike was definitely on the show in New York City at Rockefeller Center he tells me. He was on the front row of the peanut gallery and Clarabelle played a game with him. He got to go backstage to meet the cast after the show. His family visited the Empire State Building and ate at an automat after the show. A great day in The Big Apple......next to seeing "Hair" in the '60s, he tells me, his coolest day very in the city. I can imagine!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers