Friday, February 5, 2010

Step By Step


Back in the '80s, our church was going through turmoil. We were fortunate to have able lay leadership in the church to help move us forward. A good friend was Chairman of the Board of Deacons during the height of the difficulty and he shared this little poem on one occasion. I have enjoyed glancing at it over the years. Nice to be reminded how faith can sustain.

Step By Step
He does not lead me year by year
nor day by day,
But step by step my path unfolds;
My Lord directs my way.
Tomorrow's plans I do not know,
But he will say, "This is the way,
By Faith, now walk ye in it"
And I am glad that it is so,
Today's enough to bear;
And when tomorrow comes, His grace
Shall far exceed it's care.
What need to worry then, or fret?
The God who gave us His son
Holds all my moments in his hand
and gives them one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers